View Single Post
# 1 28-12-2003 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber

Maya's starting window size...?

Does anyone know why maya is set to open at 1280x1024...regardless of your screen resolution?

If you have never used maya in a greater 1280x1024 then you'll have no idea why it is troublesome.

Me personally i love working in 1600x1200 and so maya always opened at 1280x1024...which is pretty small on my resolution....so everytime i have to maximize it which is really a pain...ok well maybe it's just a pet peeve but i cant stand it.

Luckily today i went searching through maya's preference mels and saw that it was programmed to open that way, but was easy to put in my res (so now it opens maximized yay user added image)

but seiriously why can't the fine folks over at Alias have it just detect your screen resolution and open maximized?

Do they really think everyperson that uses maya is using a resolution less than or equal to 1280x1024?

Anyways...i guess what i am wondering is if anyone knows a fix to make it autodetect?...or maybe someone could ya know...pass this along to Alias (I can dream can't I? user added image)