View Single Post
# 54 13-01-2004 , 02:12 AM
I discovered from a guy I work with that by pressing the power button for 5 secs., it'd shutdown, and it does. Problem is, I can't get it turned back on again unless I either unplug the power cord or flip the PSU switch, both bad ideas.

I have both the PSU plug AND the booster plugged in and I still get this garbage. user added image On my 17" monitor, I get a black screen and the 19' has that "no signal output" message. I'm wondering if it could be the mobo. I was thinking it was the graphics card but I'm not sure. I know the connector on the card has the female holes but the plug from the monitor has only 12 pins. Looks like pins are missing. The 17" has 14 pins. :saywhat: Do the number of pins really matter? My mobo has 2 COM1 connectors on the board but no way to hook up VGA. I haven't seen my BIOS at all in all this time and not sure I will unless I get another mobo and if I'm forced, I won't be getting another Nf7, that's for sure. :finger2:

I'll need to find some time later this week to try and clean the CPU. I'm gonna be so busy with work that time will be short. I did, however, look at my RAM and I think I had it in backwards but that STILL didn't change anything. user added image What do you guys know about that SS12 part I mentioned? Is it needed and could it possibly be the cause of my nightmare here? I was hoping to have this thing up and running so I could try out Medal of Honor and Maya tonight! :mingun: UGH! If it isn't my CPU, what other mobos would you all recommend? Thanks guys. You all are the greatest friends I've ever had! user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com