View Single Post
# 42 28-02-2004 , 09:39 PM
ACK!!!

I can't get the proportions right! I keep pulling and pushing and scaling things and all I am doing is making a total mess!

I don't know if I will be able to finish this model because the head and body and wing references just do not match and I do not have the artistic skill to make them right!

I get the body looking right them the head looks to small. I get the head looking right then the wings are not right. I get the wings looking right then something else looks wrong and round and round I go for hours!

It would have been much better if the references were the right protortions to begin with. I may have to just give up on this project because I want to MODEL not PLAY WITH REFERENCE DRAWINGS and trying to SCALE 5 different already build SEPERATE pieces to match a hodge podge of mismatched reference drawings is a real drag.

After 8 hours of pulling and pushing and scaling and swearing I am really ready to through the whole computer through the wall!

I was happy with the tutorial up to now but with all the reference scaling issues the tutorial is almost useless because although I can use the techniques Kurt demonstrates I cannot match the artistic skill I need to get my references I NEED to work with correct.

Without references this turns into a free form sculpting project and I am not a sculptor!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 28-02-2004 at 09:43 PM.