View Single Post
# 9 13-06-2006 , 03:39 PM
I'm thinking of buying all the dynamic dvd's cause this seems to be the only good dynamics tutorial set avaible (i hope it isn't too outdated) I did saw the Digital Enviroment set at a friend, but here's my problem with these (i don't know if it's the same with all but..) the dvd's are quite long, but it doens't really make a project from beginning to the end like SM, but it talks about different methods etc. this is quite informative sometimes, but it doesn't help ME to do it very well cause he can say THIS is a good technique but if i don't know how to do it it doesn't really help me. Like on the first dvd: tracking, modelling and camera or something.. i thought the guy would explain how to track it, how to bring it into maya how to build all the models, and then do the camera etc. Then in part 2 you would texture it, part 3 lightning etc. But it's just methods, nothing really is getting done.

I hope some of the modelling dvd's aren't like this, cause else i strongly prefer those of SM. user added image