View Single Post
# 37 10-11-2005 , 08:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
AnhSlaught

The idea of the classroom is to do one to one teaching in a group of say 12 people (example) like in college

You'd all have a computer with Maya on it, then you would all sit listen and do the work together in a semi-studio environment.

I would say there would be a rota of modelling thru to animation in 2 to 3 days so theres something for everyone in class to get there teeth into and shine in the areas they are strongest at. Show your peers how to do it and all that kind of thing.

I have done the Maya courses in the past and have found them a little boring. Watching some guy talk and show his skills and read his notes 2 days later is not the same when you could do the work yourself, listen to teacher and your fellow students, learn as a group but with a freeform hands on approach. Which to me is more enjoyable approach. Problem solving as a group in these sits become more enjoyable as well so ya dont bang ya head against the wall for two days figuring out a problem that could be solved in seconds.

Also working hands on is a quicker learning process than reading from notes: Step 1 open Maya, Step 2 create a cube blah blah...

Cheers
Jay