Thread: Castle
View Single Post
# 1 02-01-2003 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber

Castle

Here's a castle I've been working on. It still has a long way to go. I need a window where the balcony is, some stuff in the windows, something to go on top of the roofs, a better grass texture, a night time back ground, and an orange glow for the castle. I have lights streaming from the front windows right now, but they are only visible when the scene is darker. I'll probably add some plants and a garden somewhere, too as well as an entire foundation underneath the castle itself which will basically be the first floor. I will then make the front gate on this new floor and have a drawbridge possibly going over some water. I have plans for this scene I tell you! PLANS! Expect to see a picture of my mother in here as well. I'm actually doing this for her. Keep in mind also that I totally STINK at textureing things. I am not pleased at all with the textures. The towers look too much like brick, the grass is too bright, and the castle stone unfortuanatly is not a repeating texture. Maya shader library doesn't have the look I want and I don't think you can crop images in paint effects. You see, I'd like to take an image I have, open it up in Paint Effects, crop a specific stone from it, then use it to make a repeating texture. Anyway, this is merely the beggining.

Any suggestions for the flat rooftops? I'm not sure if this is an elegant castle for the king and queen or a war castle holding up the last line of defense.

www.Darkware3D.com