View Single Post
# 7 13-07-2008 , 07:05 AM

Originally posted by sandman300
I was not aware that we were supposed to have a final outcome in the animation.

Well, a Rube Goldberg machine does have a distinct end/means, and although as I said before your animation was great as well, your object did not complete its intent.

By this I mean, it did not perform it's function at the end, it simply landed and stopped.
(Very well I might add btwuser added image )

I asked if there was anything that I was missing.

And up to that point you were not missing anything. Had I known that was your final, I may have suggested to everyone that they all watch the sample videos again, but as the judge it would be unfair to the others if I helped you figure that out and not help anyone else. It was not anything personaluser added image

If you said that his was just better than mine I'd bow to your wisdom but to infer that I did not follow the rules is deceitful and makes me feel cheated.

Actually, nobody's shot was "better" than anyone elses. And, everyone did follow the rules, it is simply that in the end, your ball just stops. It doesn't complete it's intent by triggering some final action, like all Rube Goldberg machines do.

Please also keep in mind, as mods, we do this out of the kindness of our hearts for free, on our own time, so please, do not feel cheated.

There was nothing on the line, and everyone was able to learn somethinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com