View Single Post
# 7 01-12-2007 , 01:35 AM
not a render! XD

user added image

interesting point arran. that´s one of the things which have to be found out here user added image I don´t know if it depends on the angle of viewing when you see "thickness" around the liquid. I think the light gets refracted through glas and liquid so it seems to have no thickness at all. but there may be other examples where you can actually see glas thickness next to the liquidBody. maybe this has to do with another light source illuminating the glas from the side and creating reflections at a near 90° angle from the camera.

user added image

I don´t know if those images show what I mean. i got a pretty bad monitor here at my girlfriends place so I can just guess.

for the objects behind the glas to get distortion - user added image one at a time. I´ll try it next. just wanted to get some nice reflections first.

@lealar should be back home tomorrow or on monday. I´ll geab both scenes - maya and maxwell and post a rarFile.

basically I didn´t use any light, that´s why you find no caustics in those images. I just applied a lightmaterial to planes. I don´t know if it should create caustics tho. just started with maxwell...

where did I learn? well, the helpFiles come in handy most time, and google is important as well.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.