View Single Post
# 12 01-12-2007 , 04:48 AM
yeah, you are right. the wine looks poor. I am trying to find a good shader oder method to create one. maybe a SSS solution or something that "thins out" where substance diminishes. I don´t know yet. did you ever render wine? which kind of shader did you use, if so?

but first I need to understand how iors between different mediums work. because right now - if you watch the first 3 mr renderings again - I couldn´t tell myself which one is physically correct in terms of bending lightrays. I used different methods from different tutorials

one with the liquidBody penetrating the glass -
another with detaching the liquidToGlas-part and giving it a IORnew = IORglass/IORliquid , or was it the other way around?? also the liquidToAir-part got a new ior which isn´t from air nor is it from liquid. those tuts sounded plausible but gave completely different results compared to another and compared to real photos. (...I need to take some pictures from all this with camera!)

you see - this is all yet so confusing I can´t even explain what I did exactly. but as soon as I do -

I sure write a new confusing tutorial about L&G XD

tell me about wine shader if you have any ideas!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.