View Single Post
# 61 03-11-2005 , 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
dont you find it boring to go through the WIPS and see car after car after car after gun after gun after naked chick after naked chick after scifi mech after scifi mech.. you get the idea. I just want to see people branching out more and pushing themselves but also doing stuff that hasn't been seen before especially on these boards!

One of my ideas for Mike was to base the challenge around animals for example. So you could do a photoreal tiger or a parrot or whichever animal you like. That could progress to doing an environment for your animal e.g a dusty plain or a tree top. That would give people that want to do environments a good chance to do a nice matte painting etc.

:attn:
A

It's ok, man. I know what you are talking about. i know it's boring see the same kind of stuff all the time you go to a wip. As I said before, I have nothing against different things, and in fact I'm anxious to do something from this nature. What I'm trying to say here is that to you, who have been working with 3D for years, it's a pain see the wips and see women there. But to me, as a novice, it's a new thing. I had hard times to model my half naked woman in a reasonable way, and the task was very useful. But I know now is time to change focus. If you read my posts on this thread again, you'll see I'm not defending a new challenge to model the same stuff. I want new things too. Like unusual creatures, war vehicles or realistic animals. All are great ideas, and I will have a great time with any of them.