View Single Post
# 11 02-09-2007 , 09:01 AM
Subscriber
In my first year we started a lighting and texture modual and the guy came in and no word of a lie, the first words out his mouth was "Don`t ask me about uv mapping - I don`t have a clue". thats right here was here to teach TEXTURING - oh and he had no photoshop skills aswell

His only movie/animation history was working for jim henson stuides london on "brotherhood of the wolf" as a puppet handler.

The second year we were having composting lessons and the shake liecne ran out after 3 weeks. That then took 5 weeks to sort out. That gave us 1 week of further lessons leavening us with no skills what so ever with a project on composting due in 3 weeks later. When we complained about it we were told it was a animation cause not a software learning cause - we should have learnt a different piece of software.

I think its a Britsh thing. I know a few people who have been to other uni`s and have told me the same story. Uni/collages in the states get people from the industry the best we got was some old 2d animators (which has its good points but only a few).

I just worked with a girl who went to uni in Germany and she was taught a lot and just look what is coming out of Vancover. I have heard some good things about Bourmouth but nothing but horrors stories from tee-side (think thats how its spelt)

Swansea Int has got a good name for itself but I think its because the students who go there do learn a lot for them selfs and don`t let the teachers get them down

ps I love the fact you posted images of them I think thats well funny :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by tweetytunes; 02-09-2007 at 09:10 AM.