Thread: Speed it up
View Single Post
# 6 31-10-2002 , 07:17 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mrmacca
That's not the best advice Kevin user added image I have no problems with my anti virus, Nortons. It's your right not to use it but the problem comes if you have a virus and you're not aware of it and pass it on to others.

Anyhow, the question, i doubt there's very much you can do with XP to make Maya run any quicker. It's really mostly hardware related. You can make XP a little quicker, more responsive but the improvement in Maya would be minimal. You can have your swap file on it's own dedicated hard drive, it may help a little. It does with photoshop and is actually recommended i think by Adobe. In XP i use the classic interface as well as opposed to XP's overloaded one.

its a fact... anti virus software slows down your pc. It makes it run like a heap of junk, Just be-carefull what you execute in your mail and you will be fine.

Just back your pc up reguarly.... if you get one (which you probably wont) just reinstall...takes 1 hr for a reinstall! rather then go through everyday with an antivirus churning away.. and anyway the viruses that are out now norton wont see anyway as they are 3 months behind everything!

Just ask dave...he has beed dealing with this sort of thing for years...

honestly mate..get yourself an antivirus kit on your sytem and watch it run like crap