View Single Post
# 2 02-01-2010 , 02:31 AM
Technical Director
Hi Jim.

There's a great thread on CGTalk about this: https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=14082

For me, it would be these:
  • MJPolyTools: Yes, Maya 7+ has all the tools; I just like this one better!
  • HKMagnetTool: An amazing "soft modification" tool. Might not be needed for Maya 2009 users.
  • Advanced Subd Converter: A great amount of handy features for working with Subd's and polys.
  • ks_nameSpaceManager: A very handy tool for working with objects imported from other files.
  • dp_SaveScenePlus: Adds a button that is added to your status line. Appends a version number to your scene file. Helpful for versioning.
  • reNameIt: A very helpful tool for renaming objects. Allows bulk renaming as well.
  • Projection Maker: A tool that I wrote that emulates zBrush's Projection Master
  • Revert Menu Item: A very simple tool that I made. Good for people that mess up (like me), and want to go back to the previously saved version.
  • Grid Toggle: Toggles the grid on and off in all viewports.
  • Component Toggle: Toggles in and out of component mode. Remembers your last selection when done.
  • dannyUVTools: Eases the creation of uv's. (Great UV checking texture at bottom of the page as well)
  • JSNormalMapper: Adds a lot more power to working with normal maps in Maya.
  • abAutoRig: A great automatic character rigger.
  • Hierarchic DisplayLayer Manager: Haven't tried it out yet, but it looks very useful for scene organization.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.