View Single Post
# 9 18-12-2010 , 01:33 PM
Acid44
Holy crap, thanks a bunch dude. The first link is what I'm looking for (floor plans), I'm not too worried about copyrights, I'll mainly be using any prints I can find for inspiration to make my own I think...

The basic plan for me at the moment is to get an idea of what goes into designing these things... Kinda just learn the trade as fast as I can, and then I'll be making a few different designs of buildings/houses with a program I've got called "3D Home Architect Design Suite". From there the floor plans would go into Maya where they would be modeled using refs from the 3D view of that program.

I'm just finding it really hard to put it all together, I mean, I can get an idea of how I want the house to look in my head, but then once I draw it out in the program it ends up looking like half dead farm animals... Everything ends up all over the place, and doesn't quite fit together... Or it just looks like it wouldn't make any sense to someone to actually walk around the house user added image

I'll give a thorough read to what you've posted once my eyes adjust to the screen a bit user added image Thanks a lot dude user added image