View Single Post
# 5 12-11-2004 , 08:59 PM

ah

i see. I just came back from a MAcintosh lab from school and Maya 6 was able to render out the animation into a quicktime, witht he alpha channel.

then I could import that to a AE animation Im doing, and walah, transparent Alpha chanell and my animation!!

It was a very nice process so I was just a bit surprised that when I came back to my PC at home, I wasnt able to output into any video format while retaining the Alpha (and QT option wasnt available)

---------------
So I did it the traditional method. importing TIFFS to AE and then rendering a video. that worked great! (although the process seemed redundant not much I can do I suppose)

last question then: Everytime I tell MAYA to batch render, can it create its own folder with the project name and all the tiffs inside when rendering? Its not a big deal but it just would save the trouble of clicking and dragging all the tiffs created into one single selectable folder.

this might be hard to explain but when EVERYTHING is outputted into the projects/image folder (or something like that) other images in the image folder may prevent me from effectively highlighting the whole batch to make one solid movie in AE.

anyway this is the first time I've posted here and you guys really helped out. Thankyou so much!!!!!!