View Single Post
# 29 16-11-2002 , 05:54 PM

Thanks!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nem - i just finished watching both the vids and they are very good, cleared up a lot of things for me (like channel information in file formats)

Thanks Nem!

--but i noticed u had a lil trouble with photoshop changing the colour of ur layer...u were sliding the lil slidey thing in the colour picker, that doesnt change the colour of ur image/layer, it just simply allows u to select a colour

Actually, I WAS selecting the color blackuser added image hehe...
You have a great eye for detail Nem!
You just happened to notice where I paused the video, filled the layer transparency with black, and started up the vid again after I had done thatuser added image
I just skipped over that fill part because I felt that it wasn't nesseccary since I had already talked about filling it with black.

to change ur image colour, go to image>adjustments>hue/saturation
that changes the hue/saturation of the entire image
or to change it for just one layer, go to ur layer control box, add a new adjustment layer, and click hue/saturation as the adjustment layer

Good one!
There are many ways to change overall layer color, but the 5 main ways to change a specific color in your image are as follows:
1. image>adjustments>hue/saturation
-The default is the "Master" color range, but you can alternativly choose to affect only a specific rgb color channel if you want as well. i.e - reds, blues, greens, cyans, majentas, yellows, and greys.

2. image>adjustments>replace color
-works like a curves call in that you are working with the full spectrum-sine/cosine rgb color values.

3. image>adjustments>selective color
-works like hue/sat in that you can isolate a primary color spectrum.

4. (my favorite) image>adjustments>channel mixer
-works like a levels call on steriodsuser added image
It adjusts the main luminocity values of a given color space.
Great for creating those, "day for night", or "night for day" shots where shadow detail is important in a low or high contrast film stock.

5. image>mode>multi-channel
-allows you to change the color space to reveal the cyan, magenta, and yellow bands for detailed keying and control over your chosen spectrum.
BTW, this is the main function in a variety of 3rd party color keyers for compositing.

loved the vids btw user added image

Thanks again!

The vip vids will be a LOT more detailed, and I will show MANY different ways of doing thingsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com