View Single Post
# 20 26-08-2006 , 07:33 PM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by Kevin
I prefer to watch videos of several naked ladies parading about in scanty underwear. But Im just a bit biased

ROFLMAO

I have DVD/CD Tutes from Simply Maya, Digital Tutors and Gnomon. So here are crits on all 3.

Simply Maya tutes are great as they are Community Driven and done and supported by the community. They are well put together and take you from step a to z easily. I like them very much, and they have produced loads (I'm not just saying that either).

Digital Tutors is not a real community driven site so is run in a true training environment with input from the community. There CD's/DVD's are very well produced and very expensive, but worth it.

Gnomon DVD's come directly from a uni dedicated to 3D Art and its production pipeline. So there DVD's are really geared towards Intermediate & Advanced Users. They plough through quite quickly and you tend to have to pause and rewind and rewatch and listen quite a lot more.

Summery
I like all 3, but if I was to pick 1 from all 3 I couldn't. I would pick and choose my content from Simply Maya and Digital Tutors. This is due to both content, language and cost.

But I was to choose anything else to watch, I would agree with Kev, Naked Lady Movies are gr8. And if you watch them often enough they actually become educational user added image user added image :blush:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)