Thread: ***TOPOLOGY***
View Single Post
# 50 12-01-2007 , 10:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Steve

Here you go. One ear. Im not sure how you'll be able to decipher the direction of the polys as its a little jumbled there.

The ear was made from 8polys starting on the side of the head, then basically extruded and spun faces to get stuff into position as a subd. This way I dont cut into the head itself and end up with unecessary tris.

user added image

VedicKings:
Looks very nice, my wife is a Hindu and we have a couple of these in the house, the expression is very good, the serene smile. Watch out for the 'topo' around that pole area on the cheek, the polys differ quite a bit on the way toward the mouth, try and keep them as square as the model will allow, this way your uvs will be less of a headache. Thats basically a rule I try and stick with on most models, obviously there are exceptions though.

DJ:
Interesting looking dude. My crit would be to bring that forehead further forwards. Get some references to check the alignment with the cheeks. I know its a Devilish character but if you keep to the rules of anatomy it will turnout for the better in the end

I had a fiddle where I think you could improve, hope you dont mind

user added image

Cheers
Jay