View Single Post
# 10 27-01-2007 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
No worries Esteban,

Don't really know what you mean by "that black colour" - which bit, where?

Don't forget, CG glass is much like real glass, in that it looks entirely different in different lighting conditions. I didn't even chuck a light in the scene, it's all "Default Light". So there's no light on the back of the ball to reflect an orange colour - if you mean that black bit on the reflection of the ball..

Also, correct me if I'm wrong anybody - but AFAIK the phong illumination model was developed with the aim of better simulating metal. It certainly does a beter job than Gouraud shading, which from memory had been the best (in terms of appearance and speed) up until then.

If you render a 320x240 and post that, along with some arrows on the image, I'd be much better placed to help you.

Failing that, just keep that file as a reference, then do a whole heap of renders, just changing one attribute a little bit, save all teh renders and importantly - write down what you did differently from one render to the next. It's all a matter of understanding what does what.

I sure don't yet, but working something out for yourself is a much better way of learning and remembering something than having it served up to you.

But as I say, post an image with some arrows on it and if you're able to, a better description of the problem you have.

I'm not at all trying to bash your english, it's 150,000 times better than my Danish. BUT It's also 2,000,000 times better than my mind reading abilities - 'specially at the moment.

Simon.