View Single Post
# 19 04-01-2010 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
been a while since i've updated since i was doing some stuff in premiere and after effects...

so heres 9 pictures...

it's not rigged yet, i've just been temporarily parenting stuff to other geometry to see if it still fits...

so far i've screwed up somewhere along the lines and i'm fairly certain it will no longer fit the old shell...
lucky for me an alarm clock isn't exactly very complex, so growing the shell shouldn't be too big of an issue... although i do wonder where all the extra size came from...

user added image
if it weren't for the lack of ankles and deciding whether the wires are better than those panels i think it's almost ready to attach the bits that will attach the armour

user added image
close up of the feet.
needs ankles... saying the feet are magnetic wont exactly work this time since the body above the feet is so much bigger than the feet.... unlike my eye character...

user added image
how the feet will fold up before sliding up into the shin

user added image
shin will slide into the thigh which will slide up onto the joint. so far everything will fit nicely.
the aim was to make the leg fold up whilst making it possible for whatever holds the 'shin guard' still at the level of the knee so the 'shin guard' can fold up into the shell of the clock

user added image
the hand took a while to figure out... it's better than my first robot hand...
no idea how it would move if it were real though... the root of each finger is like a ball joint... dont know how such things move in 'real life'..

user added image
palm of the hand

user added image
left arm's little guns retract into the forarm and a barrel will pop out revealing a more 'powerful' fire arm

user added image
deciding whether or not to use the wires or the panels that will pop out from the 'spine' and fold out.
the wires will need to be placed in a different position to cover up the 'spine'

user added image
the chest is lacking the required holes but the arm can still slide in when retracted enough which is what it should be doing...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D