View Single Post
# 40 15-08-2011 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber

@danielames

Not going to happen with Maya, as Jay said just not the way it's done. However we do have some more Dynamics tutorials planed hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.

Dave user added image

Fair enough. So how about this... a tut that will do something complex like what I mentioned, but done like a professional studio would do it - all scripted and driven, as J said.

My ulterior motive is, (you guessed it), I'm trying to make a complex sim with many moving parts, with each part's behavior relying on another part further up the "chain", if you will. About a week has passed since I posted the original tut suggestion, and I've since successfully made the sim with scripting and animation clips. It was all a crash course for me, but I learned a TON! Lots of research, reading the docs, trial and error, etc. My only saving grace was that I'm already a programmer so it didn't take me long to start banging out scripts to control everything.

BUT!... I'm still a Maya n00b, and as such, I'm really left wondering if I did it 'right', or if the way I did it is the most inefficient, newbie mess as ever there was. user added image I'll be doing a lot more of this kind of simulation from here on, so if I could see how it's done by a real pro, I'm positive that it would dramatically improve my workflow.

Anyway, I know it's a lot to ask. Thanks for the chance to make a suggestion!