View Single Post
# 1 12-04-2009 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber

Zbrush displacement issues

I know this is a maya forum so sorry if I shouldn't post this here but since some people here use zbrush I thought I'd try asking here. I've looked everywhere for help for my issue but it's not working none of the tutorials are helping. I've posted in another forum but have had no luck with replies, hopefully someone somewhere can help me. Here is a very descriptive description (hopefully descriptive enough)

-I created a underwater sea creature in Maya 09. (yes this thing again, it's proven to give me many difficulties)
-I laid out the U Vs in the 0-1 coordinates since that's how I always lay out U Vs that wasn't anything new to me.
-I then selected object and exported as an OBJ
-Imported into zBrush 3.1 and I sculpted the model, up to 5 subdivisions (can't really figure out why I can't get more than that but it's ok because it's all I needed for this model)

now every time I try to export a displacement map I get just a gray 2048x2048, no difference in gray to white or black, just a flat gray color that is useless to me. I've followed many peoples tutorials and suggestions and nothing seems to work. The only thing I can think of is when it's creating the displacement map it says "Creating Tile.0" and I'm guessing that it should say Creating Til.1 but it's not it always says 0, and I have no idea how to fix this if that is the issue

Here are my settings if they help or not

Mutli Displacement 3 Menu:
Udim: 0
InitialFileIndex: 1001
MaxMapSize: 2048
MapSizeAdjustmen: 0
DpSubPix: 3
Border: 8
Export Option:
R32 with Quick Code: DE-LBEK-EAEAEA-R32

Under the Texture option I clicked EnableUV

Under the Displacement:
DPSubPix: 3
DPRes: 2048
I've tried with Adaptive and SmoothUV on and off, and a variation of one being on and one being off

Under Polygroups I have the Uv Groups selected.

Under Geometry I bring it down to SDiv 1 and try to export, I've tried it on 4 and on 5 and I can't get it to export either of those.

I don't need this model to bring back into Maya I just need the displacement map and I just can't get it to work. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

I feel like it has something to do with the Creating Tile:0 not being 1 but I don't know anything about zBrush and this is the first time I've ever used it so I could be completely wrong.

I also never did anything with Morph Target but don't know if this matters or not..

Anyway if anyone needs anymore info on my scene I will be glad to give you the answers for the help.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com