Thread: Ancient Tomb
View Single Post
# 8 09-04-2010 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
Good day!! Thank you all for your nice comments!! It is nice to get up and have a project to keep me busy!!

Jay, thanks! I have taken your advice and went around and added some border edges so I can smooth things. I am not much for the bevel or crease tool, just old habits I suppose to do my own.

Bullet, you ask how I get my proportions. In this case what he explained was not much and nothing about measurements. I use my eye, I suppose. But looked for clues. I knew he had used the texture from the disk for the beauty walls, I call them. And using that as a guide I use his render to figure where things should be from there. Hope that made sense!! I use Vray to render, and it is very critical that everything is to world scale because of the way it uses computes lights. Sometimes that is a problem when I work between Max and Maya. Max does not like things that are small, and Maya does not like things that are too big.

Dave, thank you!! And I am very pleased that you watch my work!! Yes, I plan on using the same texture that he used on the wall. I thought it was very good!

Once again, thank you for visiting my project and leaving comments!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).