Thread: maya 2008
View Single Post
# 9 25-08-2007 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
I think the number of updates is because its their new baby. 90% of the staff working on maya now are new (from version 8 when autodesk took over) and are finding their way with it.

I have said many times that I love what they have done with it so far (well apart from that dragging modeling crap) and after looking at some videos of what 2008 has got in store I think I`m going to like that as well (although not too happy with the new box thing)

they have so far fixed cloth, uvmapping and rigging all they need to do is make hair better and I`ll be happy.

I`m lucky as I`ll be getting the update for free as my last job paid for my copy of maya for my laptop with the prem membership (and they are not getting it back) and I`d checked and I can get it. But I think this is the last one.

as for the students every retailer for autodesk offer student rates for the software so don`t see the big deal with the amount the full thing costs. Shame it cant be said about the hobbyists though, well there is always the P.L.E.