View Single Post
# 2 08-11-2005 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I found a way to get rid of the hairs on the other parts of the body by deleting them with the hair paint tool. However now I am trying to push the hairs back so that eventually I can have a ponytail, but I don't understand what the online help file is saying. In the online help file, they say you can do this many different ways. One way is to apply rest curves on the hairs, apply newtons fields, and then use constrants to hold the hair in place. However, after I placed the the rest curvers, I tried to place a newtons field, though I get an error. The error said: "Plese select the particle objects to be connected for emmision or collision." So I then tried another method by creating a transform constraint for the hairs you want to modify. Then while in playback mode, use the scale/translate/rotate tool to transform constraint the hairs together, and then stop the playback head after you are done. However, after applying the transform constraint, and running the playback head, when I tried scaling, rotating, or moving the transform gizmo, nothing happens.

I would really appreciate it if someone clarify what I doing wrong becuase I sure don't understand this at all.