Thread: Archviz
View Single Post
# 18 09-05-2016 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
Took some time but I finaly finished this image.

user added image

Started a new project but got some problems with the lighting.
This time it's a small bathroom (yes another bathroom user added image) with just one small window and a half opened door. I'm actualy trying to replicate a photo I found online. I'm not going for an exact replica but I would like to get the lighting as close as possible. Right now I'm rendering the scene with one hdr image, 2 portal lights and a directional light for the sunlight. For Global Illumination I use the new GI mode. This however does not yield satisfactionary results.

Here is the image that I use as reference:
user added image

And here is my image:
user added image

As you can see the reference image is a nice and brightly lit bathroom with no dark and contrasting corners. My render is almost the complete opposite. With global illumination I had hoped the room would be nicely lit with al the light bouncing around en lighting up every corner of the little room. I have also done a test with Final gather without tweaking the settings much and the result is far better. I was under the impression that my test render with the new GI should look a lot like the one with Final gather. Am I doing something wrong or is this to be expected?

The render with final gather:
user added image