Thread: GLOCK 27
View Single Post
# 12 22-08-2005 , 11:10 PM
Sorry for the long time on posting. Thanks BMS. jbannick, it just takes practice. Shadeblade, thank. It is almost painful to hurt a good firearm such as this. ragecgi, I use MR, thanks. I find it faster and a bit better. Only if it would render Paint FX. kennez, here is a wire frame. I do not have any reference photos but I own the gun so I used the real thing as a reference. To get the perportions right I just used a ruller. I tried to can it to textures but they looked good in the window real time but did not render right. I hand painted them instead. The color map actually is almost entirely one color on the slide, only the spec/ reflect and defuse changed to give it the metal look. pbman, yes it is all bump mapped. I used the texture sandstone for the grip and just simple noise for the rest of the lower. I then painted in the scratches and blurred the eem bump as well as the area your fingers would rest to give it a slight worn look. I then painted on a few hairs on the gun to hopefully fool the eye.

Here is the smoothed wire of the gun. The unsmoothed is around 6K polys which sounds like a lot but is very easily manipulated.

Attached Thumbnails