Thread: Maya 8.5
View Single Post
# 19 15-01-2007 , 07:55 AM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by happymat27
It's interesting to note that when I mentioned to them my feelings about Autodesk in comparison to Alias I got the distinct impression that they were not overly happy with the way that Autodesk are dealing with Maya or their customers either.

Mat,

I sympathise 110%. I was an Alias Silver Member, and it was a gr8 deal for the $200 a year membership fee. Autodesk come in and decide to end Silver membership and leave Bronze and Platinum. I lost access to about 80% of what I paid for and I did manage to get a rebate, only after 3 weeks of email threats to take them to court if it was not restored or what money due to me was handed back. But the thing that really p***ed me off was the way they did it. No announcement, no email, no newsletter. They just stopped it. Not really a customer driven company in my eyes.

Lets hope 8.5 is worth the move as I though 7 to 8 wasn't much to brag about. Heres hoping for the free upgrade for ya.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)