View Single Post
# 1 26-04-2011 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber

Maya 9.0 resets viewports

user added image

I've had this problem since I installed maya 9.0 unlim on my "new" asus laptop in March. When I hit spacebar to switch viewports all the other ones, 3, default to my previous view.

Say if I was working in perspective, when I spacebar out all the others are in perspective. I've put some back to Front, Top, but holding spacebar and mousemoving to the other views but that's the only way I can make a different view port. As soon as I exit one, all the others clone that viewport. So I'm manually switching viewports everytime I want a side or top, front view. Also, another strange thing is that once I get into a viewport like perspective, my objects disappear and I always need to hit F to frame the object back in the window.

Maybe there's a reset functions option somewhere? I've not messed with maya at all since then, so much trouble.

I got maya 2011 but am having trouble installing it so for now i'm stuck with 2009

Please help

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin