View Single Post
# 2 18-02-2006 , 04:03 PM
It's pretty easy to move from maya to photshop when texturing.

Now bare with me.

If you have the uv layouts all done, move them to one right top corner of box in the ( in UV texture editor). Make sure you scale them big or small so they can fit in that box.

Now go to "polygons", a big list of menue will apear. Look at the very bottom where it will say "UV snap shot". Click that.

A new window will show. Name the file name. For the size, i have mine at full which is 2048 for x and y. Lastly, change the image format to jpeg. Oh and choose the folder you want this file to save in.

Press ok.

Now before you go into photoshop, one last thing you have to do. Bring up the Hypershape penal. Create a new lambert. Call it what ever you like( this will be for the textures).

Now we can go to photoshop.

Open the uv snap shot file in photoshop. Do the textures there. When your done, save it(overright the first file). Done all that? Good.

Go back to Maya. And into Hypershade. Select the lambert you created before. Double click. You will see a new panel will appear to your right. Click on the first checkered box parallel to the "color". Again, new window will come up. Select "file". Now you will see something is changed. Look for the folder image in that panel. Click it. Select the photoshop texture file where ever it's located. If you did that, you will see that lambert has changed in the Hypershade menue. That's basically for the textures now. Middle click, drag and drop that hypershade on to the character or thing depending on what you have. If it doesn't show up which normaly happens, press 6.

Now if you want to make changes to the textures. Go back to photoshop. Open the same file. Do the changing there. Save it( over right that file). Come back to maya and just reload the textures. It's that easy.

This is my first time explaining something like this. Sorry if i am not being clear. Hope you get it. If not, ask me.