View Single Post
# 4 19-02-2006 , 04:54 AM
Your welcome.

As you already know maya is not something you can learn in one day or a week. Starting out is always the hardest part. If you are really intersted in 3d, you will keep coming back to it and try learning it. There are times when you don't feel like working or can't get past some problem. That's alright. Take a break. And it always works. Trust me on this one.

Learning something as complicated as Maya on your own is pretty huge task to take on. Sometimes you will get help on the forums while other times, nobody seems to reply to your question. That can be discourging. I've happend that to me so many times and it still does. I do two of two things. Take a break or try fixing the problem myself. It can be hard but in the end, it always pays off.

You're new to 3d world and i know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when i started. I've learned so much stuff since then but i still need to learn more and keep learning.

To do 3d animation/Maya/CGI, you need motevation. Motevation gives you passion. "Passion" is the key.

It's a long road, but if you are willing to travel on that road, you will come across many obsticles but in the end all is worth it.

Just keep going. If you come across a problem, post here. We'll help you out. Also, there are so many other forums that you should check out you if you need more help.

www.cgsociety.org
www.3dbuzz.com
www.learningmaya.com lots of tutorials here.

Good luck.