View Single Post
# 5 20-02-2006 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
:bow: I got to say you have my total respect. Your reply was generous and kind. (and very informative) I appreciate your kind words as much, or more, as I do the info you gave me.

I'll be waiting at the pearly gates to shake your hand.user added image

one thing though, I still need to know why i got squares on my map instead of my door. I did the things you said and got a good texture onto the door despite there being just squares on the UV map. I did an auto map. Another reply i received mention 'laying them out flat'..?? do i lay the door on the grid?? couldn't be, I mapped a face a few days ago and i wish I know what I did. Maybe as you say everything must be scaled into a corner. The other reply made me think the scaled cubes could be under the squares and the squares are..? what I was going to say the tops of the planks but they are rectangles??
Anyway, the door looked pretty good to me today.

gorge Orwell, in his book '1984' uses the phrase, 'we will meet in a place where there is no darkness!' and interestingly many years later we are all meeting along optic fibre, ummm, excuse my drifting into la-la land, must be time to eat??user added image

take it easy and life will be easy