Thread: Poly character
View Single Post
# 4 10-06-2003 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Aphex
thanx babyduck,

texture below nose? can't see that one, no textures are applied so far, oh well, your other 5 points of feedback are enough for me to improve on so far, damn! this realism thing is real tricky, thank god for 'IPR' lol

i shouldn't of put the glasses on him yet really, thinking back.... i think i did it (subconciously) to create the illusion of realism lol, ah well we live 'n' learn user added image

yes the glasses reveals possible problems with the eyes. if you dont have difraction, they might be a bit too big. but it might be an optical illusion as well.

as for the nose texture, here is what i mean in attached picture - could not image that this is a lighting issue, but must be as you say you dont have textures. also you might want to change the spotlights to directional lights and add a ambient light (with very low intensity). really black black color you see very seldom in reality. it is a contradicion to use things that do not exist in real life (ambient light) to add to realism. but we only have a very limited model of the reality with maya user added image

Attached Images