View Single Post
# 1 03-12-2007 , 07:05 PM

Help installing metal shader plugin

Hi all,

I've downloads this but can't get it to work; I'm not sure what I am supposed to insert as per instruction number 3: editing it to show my script path.

So I gave it a try anyway (thinking it might just be the icons that would be missing, replaced with a generic icon) but it fails, the script editor advising that it can't find the required files.

I'm also wondering if it would work anyway, given it was released in 2002 - if so, anyone else know of any good metal shaders/presets?

thanks,

gubar

"Metals presets for Maya.
(c) Emmanuel Campin - June 2002

Modify them as you wish.
No support will be provided for any of the materials shown here.

- INSTALLATION.

1:
Copy the scripts and all the images.bmp into your script directory
-------

2:
Copy the shelf_metals_presets.mel into your default shelves directory (if you don't have a MAYA_HOME_DIR env variable,
it should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My documents\maya\4.0\prefs\shelves)
-------

3:
Edit it (shelf_metals_presets.mel) and replace the string your_script_path by your script path dir.
-------

4:
Open Maya, and copy / paste the line below in the script editor.

source aluPreset; source chromePreset; source copperPreset; source goldPreset; source silverPreset; source steelPreset;

-------

All your scripts are now sourced and ready to be executed with their respective shelf buttons.

Open your metals_presets shelf, you can see the icons of the presets, click on it to execute.

Have fun... user added image