View Single Post
# 1 11-10-2004 , 04:59 PM

blendshape causes skin to move to blendshape pose problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a small (read: LARGE) problem with one of my animations I have to do for uni. The problem is this. I've created my blendshapes for some facial animations. I've done facial tests to make sure they all work and the work fine. That is, they work fine on a model that doesnt move.

When I try to animate one of my characters doing a walk or just turning for that matter and actually doing a facial expression as well, the facial expression seems to cause the skin of the character's current pose to move to the pose of the blendshape i created..i.e. it moves the character so its standing in the position that i created the blendshape in. The skeleton with all its joints however are left in the pose that I want the character to do its facial expression in.

This is really frustrating..i've been trying to solve this for at least 4 hours now. One thing I might mention is that I didnt create the rig so I'm not completely sure what could be causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help. If you need a file to help me please let me know and i'll send you one.

Stacey

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com