View Single Post
# 64 13-01-2005 , 08:27 PM
my points would be:

train is a nice model. Spend more time texturing it up.

The sign animation is absolutley nuts!! tone it down big time!! less is more!

Turn on motion blur!!

The smoke out of a steam train is white (because it's not actually smoke it's steam user added image) and it's much denser than how you have it now. I like the black smoke it's well done (maybe it could move a little slower how about adding a drag field to it?)

The point already made about how long a train like that takes to keep move is very true.

As for your idea about the robots... i have to say I think it's odd. Why would an old steam train in the middle of the countryside be transporting robots? I get the feeling you're doing it because you want to link the two together for the sake of it. If you want to do the robot go for it ( i would highly recommend AGAINST doing a robot but that's up to you). I looked at your website and you have some nice stuff there and i know you have better ideas (from looking at your sketches) than to do a robot!! user added image I really like the sketch of the army guy in the beige fatigues i think that would be a good model for you to do. Admittedly it's much harder than a robot but I think i t would be worth it.

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB