View Single Post
# 12 04-03-2007 , 07:22 AM
To be honest I havent a clue what would get more people to enter, a lot of people seem to then drop off after a week or so, It aint the prize OR the challenge, this one was so open ended that anyone with an idea and any level of skill could havea crack at it, and had the best prize ever in my mind (Hell who wouldent want to see their 3d model made into a real object???)

One idea posted previousley was to mail shot everyone with an e-mail saying what the challenge and prize would be (it gets done with new tutorials so why not in this case) then you might get a lot more people hitting the links to get here and see whats what. As is seems most of the people entering the challenge are the regulars, doing this might get "new Blood" in so to speak.

I like the open endedness of the last challenge, it let me get some ideas on what i've been wanting to do to the forefront of my mind.

One thing that I would like to see is some sort of VFX challenge, kind of like superpowers, space battle, explosions etc etc, these could be all done within maya, either as a single picture or as an animation, and even include compositing...

Just my 2 pence.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle