View Single Post
# 1 24-07-2007 , 04:00 PM

From max to maya, very beginner!

Ok, in September I start college and we will be using Maya. The downside is I have been using Max for ~ 2 years on and off as a hobbyist. My problem is that the simplest things in Max can also be done in Maya but I don't know how.

1. In Max, when spline modelling or nurb modelling, when you create a spline or a cv curve and press enter, you complete it. But when you select it you can always edit it and add more detail to it or add more points. I don't know how to edit curves or add new points to ones in Maya.

2. In Max, when theres a loose edge or vertice sticking out from a polygon, you can delete it even if you lose a face. But in Maya, from what I understand, you can't delete certain vertices because of how many edges they're attached too. Eg. I highlight select a vertice, press backspace/delete, but it doesn't get deleted.

3. In Max, let's say I spline model a reqtangle, I then apply a modifier 'surface' which fills it and makes it a 2d shape. How would I go about maybe a nurb reqtangle, and making it a surface?

Please help me with these simple things user added image

I hate tutorials which are made for people who already know little things about Maya, I know nothing.