View Single Post
# 14 09-01-2005 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
mmm... This thread must be the reason why I couldn't get any answer to my other one asking the same question :/

I took a couple of minutes to make a try...

If you delete History, the "undo" function covers even the "delete History" function (as it's been already said); so you can step back until your history's back too and go to "PolySmoothFace"->"Division" of the object and set back "0" where now is "1" or "2".
This, until the document stays opened and you've set a reasonable number of undo(es) in you pref.
As far as i could get, if you delete history, save the file, close it and reopen it, there's nothing left to do.

BUT: if you DON't delete history (at least after having smoothed), save your file, close it and reopen it, (even by quit and re-launch Maya!) you won't get any undo, but *still hold control over the "PolySmoothFace" values*!

Now, if all I wrote is true (and I believe it is), the question should turn in another shape:

"Is there a way (menu-function/script/or whatever) to prevent the function 'DeleteHistory' from deleting the 'PolySmoothFace' option?"

(Or, if you prefer, to "freeze", or "lock", the smoothing control in a way that is not affected by deleting history)?

cheers
ale

p.s.: I took a glance at the "CPS PlugIn" page and d/led it. I don't think it'll recover anything but it looks like an answer to my last question. Even if I'd prefer something way more 'Simply' ;-)
(Still not tested, btw...)...

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation.