Thread: Gnomon Online
View Single Post
# 5 22-02-2007 , 02:56 AM
Maybe online learning is not for you. It takes a lot of self motivation and dicipline to go that route. Some people just don't have it. From what I saw of the videos there is no problem with quality. I am a Gnomon alumni, so I know the instructor quality and knowledge is there. What exactly does not function on the website? Everything seems to be working fine for me. Another thing you mention, but I see no sign of on the website, is this '1-on-1 instruction'. Where did you get that from? That is something that is totally unreasonable for you to expect from any educational institution, with the exception of a personal tutor. I also see that in the FAQ on the website it states that homework critique will be given in the form of 'video, text, and or email'. Video is mentioned as just one of the forms, not the only form of feedback. Did you not get a written critique? This is a new program and I belive the class you are in is the first to go through it. There were some bugs getting the video critique system in place in the first couple weeks, but it is up and running fine, now. You do have to do the homework in order to get the critiques. Have you turned in all the required homework, on time? If you are not satisfied with the quality of education, that is well within your rights. I also know the people running Gnomon very well. They are not unreasonable people...I am sure if you are unsatisfied with the class you can request a refund for the remaining portions of the classes and you can happily go your separate ways.

-Dez