View Single Post
# 49 10-11-2005 , 07:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hmm yeah it does kinda suck. But I wouldnt woryy just yet as its gonna take months to sort, no money has been exchanged yet, so fingers crossed.

I have the latest 3d world and its all pretty positive thought there are some industry dudes voicing their own opinions.

But myself see an upside to it. Users of Maya Complete may could actually have access to plugins that are similar to Maxs'.

Autodesk could actually rewrite the plugins for cloth and fur in Maya to be a little more user friendly, as we know right now they are ball ache when trying to achieve the desired result. These could then be sold off to lower end Maya dudes like myself who dont use or cant afford Unlimited, (I use Complete) And the uv editor could use a kick up the arse with something like the new Pelt Mapper that max has too. Thats frickin awsome. I dont mind the UV process but there are days when I have gone blind from pulling those uvs around. Even Modo has got something similar now as well which I saw earlier in the week. Alias has always voiced the speed of work flow that Maya can do and well lets face it, as much as I love using the package, its having its butt whipped by the other packages, one of which is half the frickin price!!

I wouldnt want Maya taken away, just a decent re write in areas would be good, oh and the software renderer could do with a bit of speed, maybe newtek could help...no I'll give that a miss

Some thoughts anyway...

Jay