View Single Post
# 3 29-06-2006 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for your response, NeoStrider.

I'm actually using Windows XP-64 (the 64 bit "latest & greatest" version. Most common hardware, ie printers, scanners, &c &c do not yet support this version)! Maybe THAT has something to do with it, but I somehow doubt it.

I can NOT access the name#.ext option with Mental Ray selected. It is grayed out. I CAN access it with Maya Software/Hardware, however, which is why I'm suspecting something in Mental Ray. I CAN render single frames in MR, BTW. As far as using an underscore, I do not seem to have that option. I'm using Maya 6.5.

My options with MR selected are:

name.ext (single frame)
name.#.ext
name.ext.#

The grayed out options include:

name (single frame)
name.#
name#.ext

I tried loading all of the default settings for both the common tab and the MR tab, but no dice. If I try to import a name.#.ext file into, say, Photoshop (to have a look at it), it won't open. I'm guessing that if it won't open in Photoshop, it probably won't open in After Effects!

I've gone through my preferences line by line and have not found anything which might explain my predicament. I KNOW I've been able to access the name#.ext option with Mental Ray on my old computer (though my video card wouldn't render anything)!

I am at a complete loss. I imagine reinstalling Maya may be an option, but I do not wish to do that until I have exhausted all other possibilities and/or the patience of everyone on the Simply Maya forum! :-)

I am hoping my problem is due to a setting I might have missed, or due to some other easily fixed issue. I will continue to experiment, but I feel like I'm flying a four engine aircraft on two and a half engines! :-)

Thanks again, and if anyone can help...PLEASE suggest away!

"Ad astra per aspera..."