View Single Post
# 1 10-06-2005 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber

I AM IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. MY COMPLETED MODEL DESTROYED????

Hello to everyone at SM. Actually i feel myself in a serious and complicated trouble! Few days back i posted the pic of my F22 model to get some comments so that i can improve it before making it as a part of my demo reel.

I got some really helpfull comments and have started to work on my model accordingly. Whats wrong with my model was that its edges were sharp and didnt had any roundness in it.

to understand it better plz visit the original thread:

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=16763

Now i am palnning to make the main wings of the plane from scratch (with smooth edges and with thickness of course). But my problem is that how can i transfer the textures from the exsisting wings to the new wings that i would be making???

i have heard something about UV snapshots etc, but i dont know how to use it. i really feel panicy as i have spent such loooong time seperating each poly just for the sake of applying texture to it. It was so time consuming.

Also it would be really helpfull if anyone can tell me how can i make really smooth edges (without distorting the other geometry of an object?). I have generally noticed that whenever i add smoothness to an edge (by bevel etc) i get some unexpected shadows in other part of the object.

Please reply, any help would be highly appreciated.
wishes,
Gautam.