Thread: Maya 2011
View Single Post
# 20 10-03-2010 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber
I'm #4 not to know!

Jay...Mate!....check your e-mail!....
there has been one stagnate in there for 3 weeks now..LoL
i'd began to wonder if you croaked and forgot to tell me mate.

anyway, Bakc to maya...
Nextool? i...feel ashamed...i don't recall everyign ahving heard of it, or i have forgotten if i did.

After looking at the new list provided of upgrades to maya, i will say i seem to think that these coud be usefull.

New File Browser
Tabbed browsing for Attribute Editor and Channel Box
Drag and Drop interactivity
Most of the modeling can be atleast semi useful.
The improved time warping could be useful. though i'm not sure how much simple key-framing the attributes could get hen they already are.
i can see many uses for this user added imageoint on Poly constraint:

ohh hell I'll say this..
IT does seem better then the initial link posted ( no offense to jay's kindness in posting said link). but i will still agree that while i still find Maya to be the best overall graphics solution i do believe that it is time that Auto desk implement many new or upgraded tools into maya.
There will soon come a time when the advantages that Maya has in adding plugins to make up for its short comings, and its Dynamics and animation capabilities. will no longer give it the needed edge if auto desk doesn't stat to catch up with the curve.

That being said, i still love maya, it like an old faithful dog I've had around for years. and i think with the proper TLC from auto desk, it still has plenty of years of usefulness left in it.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!