View Single Post
# 1 23-11-2003 , 01:35 AM

Down and Out... for a minute.

This week has been utter crap for me. I had a broken molar in the very back that started acting up. So for three days I was living off of Vicoden that I had from my last trip to the dentist. Today I ran out of it and the pain was unbearable. Looked furiously thru the yellow pages for a dentist that was open on Saturdays. Found one close by that was open every other Saturday. Luckily, today was one of those every other days. So I went, Doc took some xrays, told me that there were two bad teeth but one could be saved with root canal and a cap. "How much?" I asked him. He told me $850! WOOOOOO! Pull the sucker, I can get used to eating Jello. user added image

So, I'm two teeth down now and feeling much better. I had to do this today considering I start my new job on Monday. There would be no way I could get teeth pulled then teach a class all day. woooo!

But here's a weird thing. On the form you fill out when you get there, it asked if I was allergic to anything. I'm allergic to penicillin, so that's what I put. After the surgery, I go to get the prescriptions filled, take two pills and go lay down. Not sure what the dosage was to be, I go and read the bottle. WTF! It's PENICILLIN! OMG!

Well, I'm still alive, but I have some serious inquiries as to why I would be prescribed a drug that I am allergic to. Sounds like a serious lawsuit to me, eh?

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu