View Single Post
# 1 23-12-2005 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber

uniform paint question

Hi,

I would like to create some text and uniformly paint each letter in a Bermuda grass.

For example, the word "World" and have it covered in grass.

By uniformly paint, I mean having a uniform density with respect to how the stroke is applied to each letter and I also would like to constrain the effect to the outline of the letter without much overlap so that the letter is clearly identifiable.

The simplest way I can ask the question is like this.

Suppose I were to assign a new lambert material on the letters in the text object and then select an image (bricks) from a file. Each letter would have a brick texture that would be uniform and would be constrained exactly to the shape of each letter. Correct?

Can I do something similar with a paint effect? Automatically "paint" in a very uniform, precise manner all of the area inside the outline of the letter? And have the control over the density and other attributes?

I see that Text can be created with curves, trim, poly and bevel. Is there anyone type that preferable when using paint effects?

I have tried auto paint with a random setting and the grass went all over the place.

I have tried to paint each letter using strokes and the result was not very uniform. I had a dismal experience with a beveled word that I made paintable. No matter where I painted on the word only the last letter received the effect.

If I painted on the 'o' in World the effect did not show up on the 'o' but instead it appeared on the 'd'. That was confusing.

Also, when painting by freehand it seemed like I had to use overkill with the amount of stroke that was necessary to try and make a thick uniform texture and keep within the boundaries of the letter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, sorry if I can't respond in a timely fashion I don't have internet access every day.

wizzie