View Single Post
# 35 09-11-2005 , 11:14 PM
Subscriber
How about a San Jose based one? user added image

I've taken some online Maya classes and what they do is set you up with a schedule for doing your assignment. There are written notes with screen caps, and tutorials. Then there is a forum where you post your work for critique. Students respond with critiques you fix it. Like someone said earlier, it's almost like just going to this site and learning to the tutorials, butttttt there's a schedule. Plus your money is on the line so you have more reason to actually try and finish it. I find it MUCH easier learning online than sitting in class where you scramble to write notes. user added image

Another thing that made it cool was because it was a specific topic. It focues on areas for modeling, texturing etc. So you learn it specifically. Maybe for the class, we can schedule ahead of time and have the instructor setup the things you want to learn. He works on the tutorial and WA LA!! Pretend I want to model an ear, ask to model an ear and he runs it down for you and does it. user added image
Anyhow have something going on! This is a great idea. user added image