View Single Post
# 1 25-01-2005 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber

My First Dog after the cartoon video tut

Hi there all,
Here is my first try on modeling a cartoon dog. I have previously did the cartoon dog video tutorial so I got the basic concept of the procedures with modeling with NURBS.

Before I convert these body parts into polys, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with your opinions and critics since I am not using any references. Reasons for this is because I have tried searching on google as well as searching and posted in the SimplyMaya forum looking for any one who would know of any references. Though I haven't been a success on finding anything.

In my opionion I don't like the legs and the body so much in front view as much as I do in the side view. In addition the arms look more like human arms. Though I did this on purpose because I really don't know what cartoon dogs arms look like, however if any of you guys have some pointers on that as well, I'd rather have more of a cartoon dog arms then human arms. As for the reason there is no hands, this is because I will be using the sub-d tutorial that comes with Maya which in my opion it will be easier to do in sub-d then in NURBS. Other than that I could use some crits please.

...and btw my image may appear big to you, but it is only 640x278 and 7.84Kb in size which this includes all three views as one image.

Attached Thumbnails