View Single Post
# 8 02-04-2012 , 07:10 PM
I just combined all the parts and imported the object in mari(just bec i wanted to work with 1 obj in mari and not worry about different parts) . Mari got the UV from the obj. But now i will have to do the seperate and combine again in Maya to apply different shaders. I know something is not practical. Its going wrong. But i kinda learned alot of texturing during that time and another software. Still trying to figure out the correct workflow.

My model is also not very practical in the first place. I had problems in texturing subdivided meshes before, so i decided to go polygonal. But at the end i have a high poly obj to UV map. So its not practical at all. I would have gone; subd high res model and used normal maps if i knew it was going to end like this. I mean i dont honestly think this model is practical with polygon count if you think about the UV and texturing process...

Why do i use mari? I kinda like the idea of painting on UV maps and 3d model itself at the sametime. Gives you some freedom in expressions. And heard it has some benefits. I think it is a very strong tool if you master it. On my way...