Thread: 2009 Camaro
View Single Post
# 37 16-01-2008 , 10:35 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by lealar
Absolute nice, really really great job. but the background maybe can change as d-blue I think will be better then put background some words"create ...Time, Name, Software...." haha... congratulation!!!

user added image

Well thank you very much!
I used the clay colored background to add some warmth to the scene, and atmosphere. Also having a totally contradicting color in the scene really helps the reflections in the Paint stand out. If i was to use a Blue, the scene for one, would be very cold, and the blue would barely stand out in the reflections in the paint. user added image

As for naming/dating, and all that other info, i will most likely put that on the final render (which is a long way coming.)

Thanks again for the comment.

Originally posted by Jsprogg

Nice work so far , although the displacement on the tyres definately need s work.
Any chance of getting hold of that body shader? I really like it and a change of colour and it would work on treat on my model

Thanks for the comment, and yes the displacements sure could use some work.... I may have to even model the tire, and go about it that way. Just to get the desired results. Which is something i didn't want to have to do.... But, O'Well!

As for the paint. It's a Highly modified Mental Ray Node.
I would be more than happy to email you a Scene with the Material in. Just PM your Email Address user added image

Oh, and I'm using Maya 08, so I'm not sure if you will be able to open the scene, if your using an earlier version.... let me know!

Thanks again user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"